Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in Reno goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will act immediately. Their first move is to confirm your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The protocol they abide by is based on the sort of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, one attempt will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are deployed. In the event of a break-in - the most frequent sort of event - a monitoring agent will follow these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you using the command hub. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t result in a response, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If you still can’t be reached, nearby police officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again after the proper authorities are contacted.
If you're not able to converse with the monitoring team, that’s OK. Help will still be dispatched even if you're unable to verify the emergency.
Get prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Reno
Stay ready for any situation with a contemporary home alarm system in Reno from Vivint. Contact (775) 259-9515 to begin customizing your property’s defense today.