Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Reno smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete control of your Reno home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and explore suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Reno do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also provides complete remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or recorded footage from any integrated security cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Reno by setting schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and all sensors in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a warning if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open door will prompt you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then have to verify that you would like to bypass the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Reno
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add another user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote functionality, select email or phone and enter the information to deliver an invitation.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, just navigate to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Reno smart home. Dial (775) 259-9515 to learn more.