How does a doorbell camera work in Reno?
Daily shipments have become commonplace for countless homeowners due to the shift to online shopping. You enjoy the convenience of having goods left at your main entry, but there is a drawback. Those parcels on your doorstep are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a significant concern, but you are able to do something about it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are effective tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they provide significantly more.
Take a second to see how they work and why they’ll likely come to be an essential facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Reno video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide an array of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to improve. You can now implement detection zones, communicate with people at your door, and obtain real-time updates whenever a package is delivered.
The easiest way to understand how a Reno video doorbell camera works is to look at the many advantages it offers. Take a look at these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t find this on each model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring burglary with warning lights and sounds. This is a fantastic way to let prowlers know that you are watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that should include the faces of people at your entry and items on the surface below. Video doorbells with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a complete perspective.
- Vivid footage any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the benefit of using a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide amazing night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You are able to enjoy instant notifications from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between visitors and boxes.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is someone lingering at your door? Two-way audio lets you inquire about what they want. You could even take advantage of this helpful feature to frighten off people hanging around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will let you reduce false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home gives you the chance to view current and saved video straight from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you can access them from the palm of your hand, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even let you talk with whoever’s at your door. They’ve become difference-makers in terms of protection and convenience.
Ask for a doorbell camera with your Reno smart home
Defend your home against package theft and keep an eye on what’s occurring in front of your door day and night with a Reno doorbell camera. Vivint’s innovative models give you all the features you want, like active theft protection, ultra-wide viewing, and package alerts. Call
(775) 259-9515 today to start designing your smart home.