Are wireless smart homes in Reno a good idea?
In the relatively recent past, home security systems were restricted to wired equipment joined through a lengthy installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless innovation has reinvented the industry and created a world of possibilities for homeowners.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in Reno is the best choice for your family? See what you should know about going wireless.
What you ought to know before deciding to go wireless
The core of any wireless setup is a secure connection to the internet. Consistent, speedy internet and a high-quality wireless router are the principal components you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in quite some time, consider doing it now to benefit from the most recent performance improvements.
If you reside in an area without reliable fast internet or cell coverage, you may be better off with a wired connection. And, it may be a better move monetarily to stay with an existing setup if you relocate to a residence already wired for home security.
No matter where you reside, online and utility interruptions can take place. Taking this into account, search for security options with battery and cellular backups to maintain your connection.
What are the benefits of a wireless smart home in Reno?
Safeguarding your property against common dangers like burglary and fire is the chief goal of any home security system. You can achieve this with wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to benefit from the newest advancements, a wireless smart home is your best option. By installing a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to secure your doors or watch real-time video from your phone? A wireless smart home offers a measure of access you’ve never seen before. You can inspect or change settings of any integrated devices remotely, like your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant alerts: Not only can you access your system, but it can also get in touch you. If a device is activated, a notification will be delivered instantly to your mobile device app. You’ll always be notified when the system goes off, no matter whether you’re home or away.
● Flexible and scalable: Unlike wired devices, you can put wireless ones practically anywhere. Want to have a surveillance camera on your desktop or in your child’s room? No sweat! It’s also easy to incorporate or remove equipment from your wireless smart home.
Potential shortcomings of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in Reno have proven reliable and beneficial, there are a couple of potential disadvantages. You should consider the following:
● You might have to replace batteries. If you use battery-powered tools, there’s always the chance of an interruption when the battery dies. However, smart elements will inform you when battery life is depleting and often last for several years without needing a new battery.
● Device placement. There may be restrictions on how far you are able to put wireless sensors away from the primary command hub. This isn’t a problem in most homes, but you need to ask about the distance before making a decision.
● There’s a threat of online hacking. In a similar fashion as other computer networks, the potential of hacking exists. But you can greatly minimize this risk by using hard-to-guess passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting routers with built-in security.
Order your Vivint wireless smart home in Reno today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can offer by customizing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll enjoy being able to monitor and control your Reno security system from any location. Reach out to (775) 259-9515 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.